Wednesday, April 20, 2016

     Two weeks ago I was in a flare. A week long horrible even that made me unhappy to be alive. It felt as if I had a bad case of the flu, the never ending flu. I felt as if my nerves were being scrubbed with a Brillo pad. I was tired & restless, sleepy & anxious, sore all over & couldn't get comfortable. My hair touching my shoulders hurt. My eyelids hurt! I was in a haze of pain. There was no spot of me that didn't hurt.


     I didn't want to live if living was like that.


     Thank God (and meds) that I am better. During this flare I was also out of Lyrica, a medication for nerve pain in fibromyalgia (paperwork problem not my fault). Either the flare was because of that or made worse because of that. Either way it was a rough week.


     Now that I am getting past the flare, I feel so much better than I did. Even though I am still in pain, I told my doctor, that if I could I would have danced a jig I was so relieved to be out of the flare.

     Now that I am just past the flare I can see how much better I do feel. I am not pain free, or symptom free, but I am blessed I am not in flare mode all the time like I was for decades. For that I thank God!

No comments:

Post a Comment