Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Bits and pieces, snips and snippets, thoughts and thinks.

Bits and pieces, snips and snippets, thoughts and thinks. I haven’t had much to say lately. Not here and not to my friends. I have just felt….quiet. I don’t know why, I just ain’t thinking of anything to say. Nothing more than a sentence or two, so here goes a blog of a few sentences here and there.

My BFF back home in Georgia is Michelle. Her daddy has lung cancer and doesn’t have long to live. I am in Kansas and I wish I was back home with her.

I got Boo a new leash. The one I did have was thin and often got into knots. It also hurt my wrist. It was cut from a retractable handle that didn’t work anymore. Now the new leash is thicker, wider and not retractable. It was cheaper to get a longer leash that wasn’t retractable. I’ll handle drawing it up and letting it out myself for half price. Oh yeah.

I don’t like it getting dark at 4pm now. It’s depressing. I like when the days last until 9pm. And I miss the sunshine.

I broke a tooth. To get it fixed I have an apt Dec 18 (almost 2 months from when I asked). But that appointment is for a cleaning, after that I get an appointment to get my tooth fixed. It’s distressing because a year and a half ago my teeth were fine, now I have a mouth full of cavities. All because one (or more) of my meds cause dry mouth and I was “extremely low on vitamin D”. Before I knew that I could hardly get out of bed and I missed more class than I made it to. So now I take vitamin D, but nothing helps my dry mouth in the middle of the night unless its my fingers or thumb in my mouth to make it water. Well, one night I woke up biting my thumb from stress. So that’s not the best solution so far.

I talked Boo into playing with Silly Duckie and Boo eventually chewed a hole in it. Well, there was a hole in Lambchop so I sewed them both up and Boo was so excites to get them back he chewed more holes. I haven’t sewed them up again yet.

My computer is so full it wont hardly work. I’ve tried file compression and defragmenting it but there is only 5% of useable space left. I’m not surprised. It’s old. I don’t know if I should get discs and save pictures or get a mobile hard drive and move a lot of stuff over. 

2 comments:

  1. Good random thoughts. It's good you can write about your illness. Tell Boo hi for me.

    ReplyDelete