Thursday, November 28, 2013

Pains of the Day

This morning I wake up with the usual concern: will my legs hold me up for the three steps to the toilet. And as usual I need to brace myself with my hands on the doorframe and sink to make it. My legs always feel kinda asleep and in pain at the same time every morning.
Then I make my way to my chair at the computer (where I always sit) and notice my hands are hurting more than usual. I know I need my meds as soon as I can but I’m sure I can’t open the bottles so I sit the bag of meds on my desk so I will remember I haven’t took them yet and work on my hands. I open and close my hand and rub them trying to get the over-stuffed painful feeling to ease.
Also I can’t really see. Everything is blurry and out of focus, just like every morning. It lasts a little long than usual and I really hate it.
I know I have to give Boo his meds and I pretty much fall into the floor from my chair because my legs didn’t want to hold me as I sat down. I managed to give Boo his meds without a problem and I wait a while before I risk trying to stand.
With a little help from the chair and I manage to get in the chair. I work on my hands some more until I think I can open medicine bottles. I take my meds and wait for them to kick in.
My calves have hurt since the day before. I didn’t do anything to cause it; just one leg cramped then the other one did later. It makes walking hard so I kinda waddle like a very old woman. I try to make sure I don’t waddle in public no matter how much it hurts. Never act hurt in public. Hide as many of your troubles as you can.

It took a long time before I admitted any troubles on Twitter. My Tweeps were shocked that I wasn’t a healthy, active 20somthing year old. Now I tweet, Facebook and blog and have a website about the Fibromyalgia that changed my life. I do it because I hope it helps someone realize what’s wrong with them or a loved one and get help sooner than I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment