Monday, September 23, 2013

What do I feel now?

[BLOG TWELVE]



Only since being diagnosed with fibro, have I realized that I can't tell when I am tired because I'm tired or because I’m hurting. I spent the majority of my time in bed because I thought I was tired but it’s possible I was just feeling so much pain my brain was too tired to feel anything but tired. That is just a guess.

Tired makes me feel fibro, hunger makes me feel fibro, and possibility my asthma makes me feel fibro. And countless other stimuli make me feel my fibro. This I know; too much stimuli, too much noise, too much doing/thinking makes me feel fibro pain. Too much stress will make me feel it too. 

The past few weeks I have learned that I also can’t tell if I am hungry or in pain. I just know I feel bad and it’s a guess if I need to lie down or cook something. And since the bad feeling comes on gradually from “level 1” pain to level “H. E. Double Hockey Sticks” pain it’s usually too late to do anything to really get the pain to go away.

Sometimes I know I am hurting because I can’t be still and concentrate. (You can tell I wrote some of these blogs when in pain because they sound jumbled.) I twitch, get up and sit/lay down, shake my hands, wring my hands… there is constant movements.

I can’t seem to control my temperature. I will be cold but I don’t know it, I just feel fibro pain. It’s like I have a bad case of the flu and can’t get warm, or I sweat for little or no reason.

The answer is not a schedule of sleep and meals (sorry doc, you’re wrong about this) because I never have the same stress/stimuli (life is fluid like that) so how do I schedule for that? How will I know in advance when I will be hungry or tired or simply hurting?

For all I know pain or tired may not be the reason I feel bad. It could be something I haven’t thought of yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment